Huwebes, Abril 4, 2013

First Month Special #1-Crochet Ribbon Purse-Free Pattern

It's my first month here! It's been a month since I started Cutey Patuty Crochet. I never thought that by this time  would have my own followers and 2700+ page views. It's a big achievement for me.


I was inspired by this bag I found at the website of MANGO I love the ribbon detail. So It inspired me to design my own crochet version of it. This is an easy pattern to follow. 


<monthsaryPurse>
First Month Special #1

Here is the pattern:


 Materials:

4-ply worsted weight yarn (in blue and in pink)

Size G hook

Yarn needle

Zipper

needle and tread for sewing the zipper

Abbreviations:

ch- chain

sc- single crochet

ss- slip stitch

sts- stitch

dc-double crochet

Color A- main color

Color B-secondary color

Purse

Using size G hook with  Color A, make 19 ch.

Row 1: 2 sc into 2nd ch from hook, sc in next 16 ch, 4 sc into last ch, working back along other side of foundation ch; 1 sc into next 16 ch, 2 sc into next ch( this is the same ch as used for 2 sc at the beginning of round) ss to 1st sc (40 sts)

Row 2: ch 1 (does not count as stitch) 2 sc into first sc, 1 sc into each of next 18 sc, 2sc into each of next 2 sc, 1 sc in next 18 sc, 2 sc into last sc, ss to first sc. (44 sts)

Row 3: ch 1 (does not count as stitch) 2 sc into first sc, 1 sc into next 20 sc, 2 sc into each of next 2 sc, 1 sc into each of next 20 sc, 2 sc into last sc, ss to first sc, (48 sts)

Row 4: ch 1 (does not count as stitch), 2 sc into first sc, 1 sc into each of next 22 sc, 2 sc into each of next 2 sc, 1 sc into each of next 22 sc, 2 sc into last sc, ss to first sc (52 sts)

Row 5: 1 ch (does not count as a st), 2 sc into first sc, 1 sc into each of next 24 sc, 2 sc into each of next 2 sc, 1 sc into each 24 sc, 2 sc into last sc, ss to first sc, (56 sts)

Row 6: 1 ch ( does not count as st) 1 sc into each sc to end, ss to first sc

Row 7-15: same as Row 6

Fasten off.

Ribbon (Big Rectangle)

With G hook and color B, make ch 24

Row 1: 1 dc on 3rd ch from hook, 1 dc on each ch, turn (22 sts)

Row 2-6: ch 2, 1 dc in each dc to end

Fasten off.

Ribbon Tie (Small Rectangle)


With G hook and color b, make ch 12

Row 1: 1 dc on 3rd ch from hook, 1 dc on each ch

Row 2: ch 2, 1 dc in each dc to end

Fasten off


Assembly:


*Sew the small rectangle in the middle of the big rectangle to form the ribbon.


*Sew the ribbon on the sides of the purse. Making sure it is even.


* Sew on the zipper. If you want you can line the purse.


I am giving this to my Mother. I know she will love it! 

If there is something wrong with my pattern please let me know.