Biyernes, Hunyo 21, 2013

GFC is Not Going Away?!

My Grab Button Designs

I've been making buttons these week. I am enjoying editing on Picmonkey. I made a button for myself and for my sister. Here are my button designs:


I made two buttons for my sister and she chose one on the right.


Here is my Weekly Features buttons


And Here is my own Grab Button That you can find on my sidebar.



I am inviting you to join out link party, It is called Cutey Linky Pinky Party! It will be co-hosted by my sister Bobbie of Lemons and Carnations

GFC Is Not Going?

To all my GFC followers it's almost July 1 and Google reader is going bye bye. In 4 months of blogging I gained 106 of GFC followers. I read this post that GFC is not going any where. I want to share this link to all my blogger friends.
according to Google's Official blog :

"Google Friend Connect-Friend connect allows webmasters to add social features to their sites by embedding a few snippets of code. We're retiring the service for all non-blogger sites on March 1, 2012. e encourage affected sites to create a Google+ page and place a Google+ badge on their site so they can bring their community of followers to Google+ and use new features like Circles and Hangouts to Keep in touch."

    Life & Everything Else In-Between, Nathan the author of this blog said that;
    You've probably seen my twitter feed explode as of late with information on Google Reader. Earlier this week, Google announced that reader would be retired in July. I think there's been some miss communication that I want to clear up. Google has not announced that they are retiring Google Friend Connect for Blogger users - so worry that GFC will disappear on July 1st can be put on hold. Google Reader and your Blogger Reading List are two separate things. When you click to "join this site" or follow a blog via GFC it automatically adds that blog to your Blogger Reading List and Google Reader. Google Reader is pretty much a place where you can follow blogs via RSS feed. The Blogger blog list is similar but different. The Blogger Reading List is Bloggers way of following blogs and there's been no announcement as of yet that says they plan to discontinue this. So, what will change? The only thing that will change is that you will no longer be able to follow blogs via Google Reader. You will not lose your GFC widget or your Blogger Reading List.

    You can see that Google said that they ended GFC on NON-BLOGGER users only more than a year ago because they want them to use G+ badge. They continued using GFC on BLOGGER users. Nathan explained that Blogger reading list is different from Google reader (read Nathans post for complete explanation click here)

    For non-Blogger users there are other ways to follow us blogger like in bloglovin'.For Blogger users continue to follow us on GFC.

     I hope this link will ease those panicking blogger friends out there ;) inhale, exhale... now smile..