Huwebes, Marso 21, 2013

Crazy Crochet Bedroom Slippers


I made this slippers because I love my cozy crochet slippers I showed you on my very first blog post. But It is summer here in the Philippines (ALL YEAR LONG!) , so I made summer friendly crochet slippers. I love how It looks and feels on my feet. It easy to make and easy to decorate even though I used crazy color combinations I still love it. You can combine any color you want! In this project  I used my leftover stash so I don't have to go outside and buy one.. Here is how you make a crochet slippers...

You will need:


4 Monaco Cotton thread yarn

G hook 
Yarn needle
Rubber foam for the soles

Abbreviations:


dc- Double crochet

hdc- Half double crochet
sc- Single crochet
ss- Slip Stitch
ch- chain

* This is made 4 threads held together


Sole (make 4)


make a ch 30


Row 1- dc in 4th ch from hook, 1 dc in each of next 25 ch, 5 dc in last chain, working the remaining loop at the opposite side of foundation chain, dc in each of next 25 ch, 3 dc in last ch,  ss on top of ch 3. 


Row 2- ch 3, 1 dc in same space as last ss, 2 dc in next dc, 1 dc in each of next 25 dc, 2 dc in each of next 5 dc, 1 dc in next 25 dc, 2 dc in each of last 3 dc, ss on top of ch 3


Row 3- ch 3, 1 dc in same space as last last ss, 2 dc in each next 3 dc, 1 dc in each next 4 dc, 1 hdc in next of 4 dc, 1 sc on each next 13 dc, 1 hdc on next 4 dc, 2 hdc in each 10 dc ( this will be the heel part), 1 hdc in next 4 dc, 1 dc in next 4 dc, 2 dc in each of next 6 dc, ss on top of ch 3. Fasten off ( this will be the toe part )



Upper (make 2)

Ch 23
Row 1: 1 dc on 4th ch from hook, 1 dc in each ch to end of ch. Turn
Row 2: ch 3 ( counts as dc ) 1 dc in each dc across, Turn
Row 3-4: repeat row 2
Row 5: ch 3(counts as dc) 1 dc in each dc across, DO NOT TURN
Row 6: ch 1, make a  sc in each dc across top and bottom edge.
Fasten off.

Assembly:
*Cut 2 pieces of rubber foam in the same size and shape as the crochet sole.
* Put together the 1st crochet sole, rubber, then 2nd crochet sole, then sc around. Fasten off
* Sew the upper on the side of the  complete sole.

If you have questions or found something confusing on my pattern please let me know feel free to comment. Thank you





6cbfafd5e45003120a3916a16161181231f1d78526ff1686e5