Huwebes, Marso 14, 2013

Kawaii Easter Bunny Coin Purse


Easter is coming, and I think it is time for me to write a pattern for me to share. When I make some of my projects I don't write it because I'm too busy crocheting and later before you know it I forgot to take down notes.  This is my very first time to write my own pattern. I made this pattern for the coming Easter. I think it is a small crochet project but it is useful and cute! the egg is used as a zipper pull. I hope you like my very first pattern!



Kawaii Easter Bunny Coin Purse



4ply worsted weight yarn (Any color you want) I used light pink and medium pink I used only left over yarn from previous projects, small amount of yarn for the egg, the nose and ribbon (any color you like)

Boye G/6-4.25 Hook

2 Black buttons

Zipper

thread and needle for sewing the zipper and button

ABBREVIATIONS
Ch- Chain stitch
Sc- Single crochet
Hdc- Half double crochet
ss- Slip stitch
st- stitch

This coin purse is done in continuous round no joining at the end of each round.

Coin Purse

With G6 Hook and Medium pink color make 2 ch
Row 1: 10 sc into 2nd chain from hook. DO NOT JOIN. 10 sts.
Row 2: 2 sc into each sc to end. 20 sts
Row 3: Place marker so you will know where is the beginning of your row. (1 sc into next sc, 2 sc into next sc) 10 times. 30 sts
Row 4: 1 sc into each sc to end. 30 sts
Row 5-10: same as row 4. Fasten off. 30 sts in each row

Bunny Ears  (Make 2)

With G6 and light pink yarn make 6 ch
Row 1: 1 sc into 2nd chain from hook, 1 sc into each of next 3 ch, working 4 sc in 4th chain. Working back along other side of foundation chain: 1 sc into next 4 ch, ss to first sc. Fasten off leave a long tail for sewing.

Egg

With G6 and any yarn color you like Ch 2
Row 1: 8 sc into 2nd chain from hook, ss into 1st sc
Row 2: Ch 2, hdc in the same space as ch 2, 2 sc into next 7 sc, ss into top of ch 2.18 sts.
 Fasten off leaving a long tail for sewing.

Sew on the Button eyes, ears, and the zipper. Sew the egg on the zipper pull.



If you found any mistake in my pattern, don't hesitate to leave a comment.