Skip to main content

How to Bring Your Creativity Back

Does anyone suffer from crocheters block?





Have you suffered crocheters block? I used to have the same crocheters block before. But just following this tips I never had an episode of crocheters block anymore. Here are some tips on how to bring back the spark on your creativity.




1. Think about your crocheting while creating. It doesn't matter what your are crocheting and it doesn't have to be good, creating crochet, making chain with hook and yarn is practicing your skill in crocheting it teaches our brain to think that holding a hook and yarn not something held, but part of the hand.

2. The process of crocheting is the FUN, not the the result. It's about crocheting something , not about having something drawn. Learning new approach or figuring out how to crochet better, or thinking on how to explain the process of assembling the crochet project. Looking at the finished crochet project is wonderful to see but the process of making that project is priceless.

"It helps if you can treat your work as a refuge-an oasis of control and creative satisfaction in the midst of the bad stuff."

3. I am the audience. No other. The first time I started crocheting is for my own entertainment, when I am bored, and that's how it continued. Crocheting with the expectations of other people in mind can wreck inspiration and apply so much pressure, crocheting becomes just miserable and you can even call it work. When I crochet it looks good on my standards, is the only time I get anything good done.

4. Force yourself to live in the moment. What helped me here is my finished crochet project should be given away. It forces me to live in the moment..sort of. I am able to concentrate on the process of creating a crochet project rather than the results. And if you get something you prefer to keep, you always possible to to change your mind.

"Sometimes a block comes from having too much, not too little"


Popular posts from this blog

Mother's Day Crochet Rose

There are not enough angels to take care of everyone in the world, so God created Mothers. Happy Mother's Day all!

Mother's Day is coming! I have a great pattern for you today. It's a Crochet Rose, this rose is realistic, It has stem and all! You can make a bunch of it and make a bouquet or omit the stem and make a brooch. You can combine colors I used red and maroon combo. 

I hope you enjoy my Rose pattern.

Materials:

4-ply worsted weight yarn ( I used maroon, dark green, green) one 18 grams of dark green and green, 2 of the maroon
Size F hook
1 Yard Dark green ribbon (size 1/4 inches)
Craft glue
Wooden skewers.

ABBREVIATION
ch-Chain tr-Triple Crochet dc-Double Crochet ss-Slip Stitch hdc-Half Double Crochet sc-Single Crochet

ROSE

With F hook Color Maroon, ch 65

Row 1: dc in 6th chain from Hook, *ch3, skip 1 ch, dc in next ch*, repeat from * to * to end of chain 65.

Row 2: ch 3, turn work, in first ch 3-Loop of previous row make: 1 dc, ch 3, 2 dc, ch 1. In next ch 3-Loop make: *2 dc, ch 3,…

Crazy Crochet Bedroom Slippers

I made this slippers because I love my cozy crochet slippers I showed you on my very first blog post. But It is summer here in the Philippines (ALL YEAR LONG!) , so I made summer friendly crochet slippers. I love how It looks and feels on my feet. It easy to make and easy to decorate even though I used crazy color combinations I still love it. You can combine any color you want! In this project  I used my leftover stash so I don't have to go outside and buy one.. Here is how you make a crochet slippers...

You will need:

4 Monaco Cotton thread yarn
G hook 
Yarn needle
Rubber foam for the soles

Abbreviations:

dc- Double crochet
hdc- Half double crochet
sc- Single crochet
ss- Slip Stitch
ch- chain

* This is made 4 threads held together

Sole (make 4)

make a ch 30

Row 1- dc in 4th ch from hook, 1 dc in each of next 25 ch, 5 dc in last chain, working the remaining loop at the opposite side of foundation chain, dc in each of next 25 ch, 3 dc in last ch,  ss on top of ch 3. 

Row 2- ch 3, 1 dc in sa…

How To Make A Car Baby Booties

Car Baby Booties
I am thinking of a Baby booties that is easy enough for beginners. Making this baby booties only took me a few minutes and just a few yarns. My son asked me if he could have the finished booties, He used it as a toy car! I hope you enjoy making this crochet car baby booties. Please like my facebook page I need your help to reach my goal for this month.  Making The Car Baby Booties




In this pattern I used only a few scrap yarns In blue, white, black, and yellow and a F(3.75 mm) Hook 4 silver sequins ( for the headlights ) 4 white sequins ( for the eyes ) 4 small black beads ( for the eyes )  I did not sew the tires and the sequins and the beads I used glue gun to attach the parts ( I'm too lazy to sew today!)
Here is the simple pattern of the Car Baby Booties
Baby BootiesRound 1: ch 3 ( count as stitch ), 10 hdc in 3rd ch from hook, ss to join
Round 2: ch 2 ( count as stitch ), 1 hdc in the same space of ch 2, 18 hdc around ss to join
Round 3: ch 2 ( count as stitch ), 19 h…